This year has truly been a year of new adventures for me:
- I have begun using Twitter
- I have started my own blog
- I have learned all kinds of things about writing books
- I have entered my books in contests
- I am entering #Pitch Wars 2017 on Twitter
What do I have to offer my first Pitch Wars?
- I am mature. I have overcome many challenges in my life and I won’t fall apart during stressful times
- I am determined. I work hard and don’t give up
- I take feedback well. I understand it isn’t personal and can go right to revising without having to shrug off drama
- I am a creative problem-solver
- I can attack this without a lot of other distractions in my life
- I am 56 years old
- I have been married 26 years
- I have 3 children and 7 grandchildren — I write for them!
- I live in Michigan
- I am an avid gardener
- I am active in my community
- I am a leadership program facilitator
My manuscript: Jaz and the Mysterious Tablet: Faraway World
Growing up as the only child in a senior citizen retirement home isn’t easy for a twelve-year-old boy, but that’s where Jaz lives with his mother, who cooks for the residents. And while he has a roof over his head and food to eat, Jaz is definitely at a loss for essential pre-teen things such as cool clothes, electronic games and friends under the age of seventy.
He also doesn’t have a dad.
Jaz believes his dream of a home and friends his own age is about to come true when he inherits his paternal grandparents’ farm. But the farm is…..strange. In addition to finding different items with inexplicable properties, Jaz uncovers an old stone tablet with weird scratches and drawings on it.
He also learns his dad didn’t really die before he was born; rather, he left a note stating he was in danger, then disappeared.
When Jaz realizes the items he found are related to his dad’s disappearance, he sets out on a quest to decipher the cryptic clues on the tablet. If he can find the six magic stones that will open the portal to the world where his dad is being held captive, he can save him.
If not, he will lose his dad — and possibly his life — forever.
I am looking forward to the challenge of my first #Pitch Wars!
2 thoughts on “#Pitch Wars PimpMyBio 2017”
Welcome to the fun world of MG writing! Middle Grade writers tend to be a very supportive group. I think you’ll see that in PitchWars. Some of us have started using the #PitchWarsMG hash tag to communicate with each other. Come hang out with us.
Thank you and I will definitely start using that hashtag! ☺